Thursday 21 May 2009

Legend of a Hero - Issue Twelve -

Detroit, Michigan 1992


The cab meter counts down as I wait for the angel to return. She appears from the front of the car holding my hat, her face is scrunched up and confused.

She looks at me with a mix of scorn and distaste.

She stops short of the door, hat in hand.


“Is this what you were looking for?”

She passes me the hat, then retreats away from the door.

“Where did you get the car?”

The clocks ticking, don’t have time for questions.

“A friend of mine lent it me.”

The lie brings a bitter taste to my mouth.

“What’s he called?”

I don’t like where this is leading. I read from the cab drivers I.D.

“Kenny.”

A slight smirk appears up the side of her mouth. Wrong answer.

“That’s strange… this car looks exactly like my boyfriends.”

What are the odds.

“He dropped me off here then went to meet someone at Riverside.”

It can’t be a coincidence.

“So tell me again…”

She pulls out a gun, the cab driver makes a run for it, leaving the keys behind.

“… where did you get the car?”

No comments:

Post a Comment